To apply, please visit www.iheartmediacareers.com
· Job Summary:
- Develop and oversee all promotional and contest initiatives for our 9 station cluster in Portland, OR.
- Directly supervise employees in the Promotions Department including but not limited to hiring, training, disciplining and appraising performance of employees.
- Write, create and produce on-air promotions.
- Plan and develop station promotions being the liaison between the sales and programming departments.
- Supervise stations contests including originating or adapting ideas, arranging prizes and listener events.
•Oversees full-cycle marketing activities, managing three Promotions Directors and for 9 stations while also serving as Promotions Director for two stations.
• Deploys existing marketing resources by developing new marketing objectives that accelerate brand development by executing end-to-end marketing strategies on-air and on digital platforms, including social media.
•Meets with clients, builds relationships, creates and executes unique revenue opportunities that leverage all aspects of the organization’s products and across all cluster media platforms.
•Oversees concert events and on-site promotional crew at appearances and live broadcasts.
•Also executes all contesting, on-air and on digital platforms, including writing copy and legal rules.
•Responsible for workflow of both programming and sales initiated promotions, giveaways, appearances and events.
•Maintain accurate records of contestants and ensure contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and law.
•Represent station at community events and promotions.
•Coordinate activities of other departments involved in production of promotions and remotes.
•Maintain stations prize closet, inventory of station premiums, maintenance of station vehicles.
•Prepare affidavits for clients attesting to the promotional announcements aired for a particular campaign.
•Coordinate all prizes and winners and make sure prizes are available for distribution.
•Handle all release forms to insure 1099's are in order for distribution.
•Work with Digital team to make sure all contests are active, on-time and correct.
•Be flexible and have an open availability this is not your normal 9-5 position. You must be able to juggle your time\schedule to fit all activities that you’re responsible to lead.
•Self-organized, detail oriented a must.
•Minimum three years' experience in broadcast marketing, public relations or related field.
•Strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, social media activities.
•Ability to work under tight deadlines.
•Ability to work well with others.
•Ability to handle stress and related pressures.
•Valid driver's license, ability to drive station vehicles and dependable transportation.
•Ability to frequently lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds.
Qualified applicants should have 3-5 years experience in running a promotions/marketing department.
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.