Shortly after 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013 a fire was reported at 841 Linn Avenue in Oregon City, Oregon. During the initial dispatch, a report was broadcast of an armed male at the fire scene.

Oregon City Police and Clackamas Fire District #1 crews were dispatched -- with the police sent to deal with the reported armed individual.

The first responding unit was a two-man unit with one regular and one reserve Oregon City Police officer. Reserve Officer Libke was reportedly confronted by the suspect -- at which time the suspect shot Officer Libke.

A massive police response to an emergency call for help followed the shooting. Responding police units established a containment perimeter. Fire personnel were evacuated. Residents immediately surrounding the fire were also evacuated. Upon arrival of the Clackamas County Sheriff SWAT team, Reserve Officer Libke was evacuated and taken by LifeFlight to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital for treatment.

As Reserve Officer Libke was being rescued, SWAT team members reportedly encountered the armed suspect and subsequently shot him. The suspect died at the scene.

Results of the autopsy have not yet been received. A definitive cause and manner of death will be released when available. The deceased suspect has been identified as Lawrence Cambra, age 88, of Oregon City.

The officer shot in this incident is Officer Robert Libke. Officer Libke is a 41-year-old Reserve Police Officer for the Oregon City Police Department. He has faithfully served the department since his hire date in 2009.

The Oregon City Police Department Reserve Unit was established to supplement and assist patrol officers in their duties. This unit provides professional, sworn volunteer reserve officers who can augment regular staffing levels. The reserve unit has traditionally consisted of about 10 reserve police officers who volunteer their time. All reserves attend and complete an Interagency Police Academy in Clackamas County.

This is the first Oregon City Police Officer shot in the line of duty since the early 1900s. In April 1906, Officer George Hanlon was shot and fatally wounded while trying to arrest a burglary suspect named Frank Smith.

The two deputies involved in the shooting of the suspect are Detective Sergeant Matt Swanson and Deputy Jesse Unck, both SWAT members. Sergeant Swanson has been with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office for 13 1/2 years and Deputy Unck 4 years. Both are on paid administrative leave which is standard protocol for this type of incident.

The Clackamas County's Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT) and Hostage Negotiations Team (HNT) are specially trained to deal with crisis situations and responded to this incident.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's SWAT is an interagency team. Team members include officers from the Oregon City, Milwaukie, Canby, and Milwaukie Police.

There is a massive investigative effort underway. The investigation has three major components: 1. Investigation of the fire 2. Investigation of the shooting of the Oregon City Police officer 3. Investigation of the use of force by members of the Clackamas County SWAT team.

The fire investigation is underway. The investigation is being conducted by the Oregon State Police, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and the Fire Marshal of the Clackamas Fire District #1. Initial statements from witnesses cause investigators to believe that this fire was set intentionally. Arson investigations are time-consuming and hazardous -- frequently requiring investigators to wear specialized protective gear and requiring a combination of investigative techniques. It is likely that the completion of the fire investigation will take 24 to 48 hours.

The other two investigations are being conducted by the Clackamas County Major Crimes Team, which is led by the District Attorney of Clackamas County. Investigators assigned to these two efforts are from the Oregon State Police, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, Portland Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Oregon City Police, Happy Valley Police, Gladstone Police, Canby Police, Molalla Police, Sandy Police, West Linn Police, Milwaukie Police, and Clackamas County Interagency Task Force (CCITF).

Investigators are looking into all aspects of the events that led to the two shootings. Their effort is designed to produce a comprehensive, impartial and thorough investigation that will allow the district attorney and police agencies to carefully review these incidents.

Anyone wishing to assist volunteer Officer Libke and his family can donate at any branch of the Clackamas Federal Credit Union to the "Officer Libke Fund."

**Update @ 2pm from the Oregon City Police Dept:

We regret to inform you that Officer Libke has died as a result of his injuries.

Oregon City Police Chief James Band would like to address the media at 4pm at City Hall, 625 Center St. Oregon City, with updates on Officer Libke.

Traffic Advisory: Officer Libke will be escorted from Emmanuel Hospital to Lincoln Memorial Park Funeral Home at 4pm. Expect traffic delays during this escort.